Talent + Recruiting
Recruiting and talent management have long been a focus at Battery. Battery’s in-house talent practice is a resource for startups needing to create and develop high-performance organizations, as well as for late-stage companies looking for specific executive talent. Battery’s talent function, led by Kelly Kinnard, helps with talent and recruiting issues at all levels of the organization, from individual contributor all the way to the C-suite.
Specifically, the group selectively executes searches for open VP- or C-level roles at portfolio companies, and also manages a preferred group of retained and contingent search firms to help the portfolio. Battery can also refer executive-level candidates to portfolio companies for open roles; offer advice on employee on-boarding and team-building; and assist with developing compensation plans, among other services.
Kelly serves as Battery’s external talent representative, executing senior-level talent searches across the firm’s portfolio. She recommends and introduces outside recruiting firms to portfolio companies, and provides hands-on advice and best-practices counsel to our companies in areas like recruiting, compensation planning and employee on-boarding.
For Kelly’s full bio, please click here.
Thought leadership from Kelly
- The Bad Hiring Habit That Puts Your Company’s Reputation at Risk
- Landing The Right Hire: When It’s Time To Walk Away
- Men, Want To Get Involved In #MeToo? Try These 6 Steps To Achieve Gender Equality At Work
- Are You Ready for California’s New Compensation Law? What Employers and Job Seekers Need to Know
- Hiring A Senior Exec? Make Sure You Avoid These 5 Compensation Mistakes