Recruiting and talent management have long been a focus at Battery. Battery’s in-house talent practice is a resource for startups needing to create and develop high-performance organizations, as well as for late-stage companies looking for specific executive talent. Battery’s talent function, led by Susanne Richman, helps with talent and recruiting issues at all levels of the organization, from individual contributor all the way to the C-suite.
Specifically, the group selectively executes searches for open VP- or C-level roles at portfolio companies and manages a preferred group of retained and contingent search firms to help the portfolio. Battery can also refer executive-level candidates to portfolio companies for open roles; offer advice on employee on-boarding and team-building; and assist with developing compensation plans, among other services. In addition, Susanne is responsible for Battery’s Executive in Residence program, through which the firm partners with experienced operators who become CEOs of Battery private equity companies.
- Resource for startups developing high-performance organizations, as well as late-stage companies seeking specific executive talent.
- Helps with talent and recruiting issues at all levels of an organization, from individual contributor all the way to the C-suite.
- Functions as a go-to resource for the HR and recruiting issues that inevitably surface at growth-stage companies.
- Manages a preferred group of retained and contingent recruiting firms to help the Battery portfolio.
- Refers executive-level candidates to portfolio companies for open roles.
- Assists with compensation questions and issues.