Battery assists its portfolio companies with a range of public-relations and communications issues. Battery’s communications team—led by Vice President Rebecca Buckman and Marketing Manager Alicia Halatsis—is a resource for early-stage companies just starting to tell their stories, as well as more-mature firms that may want to re-position their brands in advance of a liquidity event or restructuring, or get help during a crisis. Battery also employs an outside PR firm to assist with some portfolio-company announcements and offer ongoing, strategic guidance. Specific services include:
- Tactical help with news announcements, such as a fundraising or a product launch;
- Assistance hiring an outside PR firm or internal PR/marketing staff;
- Serving as a liaison with industry and financial conference organizers;
- Crisis communications;
- Corporate messaging and positioning, and help with PR strategy;
- Assistance with strategy on content marketing and executive bylines.
At Battery, business development is built into our DNA. We work tirelessly to connect our portfolio executives with partners and potential new customers. We strive to maintain a set of high-level relationships with CIOs, CTOs, CMOs and other buyers of technology around the globe—as well as with top executives at larger corporations. Whether you are seeking feedback on product/market fit, looking to better understand enterprise buyers’ requirements, or searching for qualified customer introductions, the Battery team is available to provide both guidance as well as introductions to executives from across our network.
We also hold small and large events, ranging from intimate dinners to larger summits, year-round, to facilitate customer and partner introductions.
Talent management and acquisition have long been a focus at Battery. This discipline is led by Kelly Kinnard, Battery’s VP of Talent. Kelly is a resource for startups needing to create and develop a high-performance organization, as well as for late-stage companies looking for specific executive talent.
Battery’s HR services include:
- Directly leading executive searches for portfolio companies;
- Managing a preferred group of retained and contingent search firms to support portfolio companies;
- Offering advice on employee on-boarding and team building;
- Assisting with developing compensation plans.