Battery assists its portfolio companies with a range of public-relations and communications issues. Battery’s communications team—led by Vice President Rebecca Buckman and Marketing Manager Alicia Halatsis—is a resource for early-stage companies just starting to tell their stories, as well as more-mature firms that may want to re-position their brands in advance of a liquidity event or restructuring, or get help during a crisis. Battery also employs an outside PR firm to assist with some portfolio-company announcements and offer ongoing, strategic guidance. Specific services include:
- Tactical help with news announcements, such as a fundraising or a product launch;
- Assistance hiring an outside PR firm or internal PR/marketing staff;
- Serving as a liaison with industry and financial conference organizers;
- Crisis communications;
- Corporate messaging and positioning, and help with PR strategy;
- Assistance with strategy on content marketing and executive bylines.
Many Battery portfolio companies provide services via a “software as a service”, or SaaS, platform. As they grow, many face a transition from using a monolithic, centralized application stack to adopting a scalable, distributed micro-service platform using the latest cloud, continuous delivery and DevOps technologies. Battery can help guide companies through these transitions with assistance from Adrian Cockcroft, the firm’s technology fellow. Adrian was previously the “cloud architect” at Netflix and a distinguished engineer at eBay and Sun Microsystems. He has been recognized as a top global authority on scalability, performance monitoring, cloud computing and micro-service architectures. Adrian can help companies in several areas, including:
- Migrating to cloud-native architecture and optimizing for agility and cost;
- Speeding up product development with DevOps for continuous delivery;
- Improving scalability and availability.
At Battery, business development is built into our DNA. We work tirelessly to connect our portfolio executives with partners and potential new customers. We strive to maintain a set of high-level relationships with CIOs, CTOs, CMOs and other buyers of technology around the globe—as well as with top executives at larger corporations. Whether you are seeking feedback on product/market fit, looking to better understand enterprise buyers’ requirements, or searching for qualified customer introductions, the Battery team is available to provide both guidance as well as introductions to executives from across our network.
We also hold small and large events, ranging from intimate dinners to larger summits, year-round, to facilitate customer and partner introductions. Some of our recent and upcoming events include:
- AWS re:Invent conference cocktail reception, December 1, Las Vegas, NV
- Mobile Marketing Seminar, November 2, Boston, MA
- CIO Summit, October 6, Half Moon Bay, CA
- Strata Hadoop conference cocktail reception, September 29, New York City, NY
- Fortune Brainstorm Dinner, July 12, Aspen, CO;
- Open Source Summit, June 2, Palo Alto, CA;
- Enterprise B2B CEO Summit, May 4, NYC;
- Enterprise Security Summit, April 14, Washington, D.C.;
- RSA dinner and reception with Jeremy Bash, former chief of staff to CIA Director Leon Panetta, March 1, SF